Saturday, February 11, 2012

SALT RIVER.......WILD HORSES!!!

ANOTHER DAY OF HIKING.

This hike took us out into the Arizona country side along a river called the Salt River.  Some times you can see the wild horses along the river's edge and we were lucky to see them on our hike.  The scenery was once again beautiful and interesting.  After a few hours of walking we did come across a group of wild horses grazing along the banks of the river.  What an experience to see them.  Our group stopped about a quarter mile up stream and we all watched them for quite awhile.  I decided to try and get closer for a good photograph so I slowly and as quietly as possible made my way toward the group until I was just across from them.  They were cautiously keeping an eye on me and I was trying not to spook them as I approached.  I did get close enough for a couple of pictures before they crossed in front of me and into the woods.  Lots of good grazing areas along the banks and they are known to hang out there on many occasions but seldom can be seen at all.  We were very lucky to capture the moment on film.





                                                     Salt River at beginning of the hike             

                               It was a hot and sunny day...up to 80F......an hour into the hike.

                                              After 2 hours we spotted the horses up ahead

                                                                Farther up the river



                                               Our hiking group from Dollbeer RV park

                                Stopped for a lunch break.......Fred ( our fearless leader) and me

         View from our picnic area.  We heard it snowed in Windsor today.......sorry I missed that!!!!  :o)))))))))))

.

No comments:

Post a Comment